Botany Bay Planning Strategy 2031
In 2009, as part of the development of the Botany Bay Local Environmental Plan 2013, the Botany Bay City Council undertook a planning strategy to provide the framework for growth for the next 25 years. The Planning Strategy was undertaken with financial assistance from the Department of Planning & Infrastructure under the Planning Reform Funding 2006/2007 Program. The Strategy provides a valuable resource for Council, providing a deeper understanding of the economic forces at work in the City of Botany Bay. The Strategy addresses:
- housing and employment directions for the City of Botany Bay
- revitalisation of Botany Road and the traditional centres within the LGA
- eastern centres of Daceyville, Eastlakes, Hillsdale and Eastgardens
- reviving the local economy and maintaining Sydney Airport and Port Botany as global gateways; and
- protecting the local environment.