Planning Proposal - McFall and Bay Streets Botany & container depots
Community Consultation under Sections 56(2)(c) and 57 of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979
At its meeting on 4 September 2013, Council resolved to prepare a Planning Proposal in accordance with the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 and Environmental Planning & Assessment Regulation 2000 to amend the Botany Bay Local Environmental Plan 2013.
The Planning Proposal seeks to:
- rezone Nos. 2-10 McFall Street and 1 Bay Street, Botany to B7 – Business Park under the Botany Bay Local Environmental Plan 2013; and
- prohibit development for the purposes of container depots under the State Environmental Planning Policy (Three Ports) 2013 within the wider Hale Street Industrial Precinct bounded by Hale Street, Byrnes Street and Erith Street.
The intended outcomes of the Planning Proposal are to:
- correct a mapping anomaly contained in the Botany Bay Local Environmental Plan 2013;
- provide for airport-related facilities and development that support the operation of Sydney Airport;
- enable a range of light industrial and commercial (i.e. business and office) employment opportunities which are more compatible with the nearby residential uses and established character of the precinct;
- enable land uses which address the constraints of the precinct;
- improve the interface issues between existing employment land and adjoining residential development; and
- reduce heavy vehicle movement within the precinct, improving the pedestrian and cycling environment.
Council resolved on 5 November 2014 to place the Planning Proposal on community consultation.
The Planning Proposal was on community consultation from 18 November 2015 to 18 January 2016. Council is currently considering the submissions received.
Note: The City of Botany Bay is authorised to exercise the functions of the Minister for Planning under Section 56 of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 in the making of the LEP.
- Botany Bay Local Environmental Plan 2013 – Zoning and Planning Controls
- Gateway Determination dated 18 March 2014
- SMEC Traffic Report dated June 2014
- Council Report and Resolution dated 23 April 2014
- NSW Ports Letter dated 26 September 2014
- Council Report and Resolution dated 5 November 2014
- Revised Gateway Determination dated 5 May 2015
- Industrial Lands Strategic Assessment Checklist for Rezoning of Existing Industrial Land
- List of State Environmental Planning Policies
- Proposed Land Zoning Map
- Submission – NSW Ports
- Submission – Sydney Airport Corporation Limited (SACL)
- Submission – Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
- Submission – Roads and Maritime Services (RMS)
- Submission – Transport for NSW (TfNSW )