Construction Certificate

If your proposal involves building or subdivision works you will need to obtain a Construction Certificate for the detailed building plans, specifications and engineering drawings.

A Construction Certificate certifies that the construction drawings and specifications are consistent with the Development Consent and relevant construction standards, such as the Building Code of Australia.

You can apply for a Construction Certificate only if you have prepared the detailed building plans, specifications or engineering drawings. There are two options for lodging your application:

  • Lodge your application at the same time as you lodge your Development Application: This option is likely to be suitable only for very minor proposals where consideration of the Development Application is unlikely to require modification to the construction drawings; or
  • Lodge your application after you have obtained Development Consent: This option will be suitable for more complex proposals.