Heritage Places Grants
Council has initiated a Heritage Places Grant in the 2016/17 Financial Year. The grant will allow a small grants program to be established aimed at the restoration of heritage items in the Local Government Area in the 2016/2017 financial year.
The main aim of the grant is to improve the appearance of heritage items through restoration of minor features such as verandah posts, windows, front fences, fretwork etc; as well as increase local government engagement with local heritage owners. Funding will not be given for maintenance work.
Priority will be given to projects that are:
- for heritage item(s) in a well-maintained heritage streetscape or landscape setting
- for heritage item(s) with public access and visibility
- for urgent maintenance works to avert management risks, e.g. severe deterioration, demolition, or demolition by neglect
- for items that are part of a heritage group or a precinct
- fire, service and access upgrades for compliance with the Building Code of Australia
- for ongoing or adaptive reuse of heritage item(s)
- for items that not received council funding support in the last five years.
Who can apply?
A private owner of a property that is listed as a Heritage Item in Part 1 of Schedule 5 to the Botany Bay Local Environmental Plan 2013.
Application forms are to be completed and lodged with Council by 23 September 2016. A Local Heritage Fund Project Application Form is attached here .
Contacts for further information
You can contact either Council’s Manager Strategic Planning Ms Catherine McMahon on (02) 9366 3520 or Council’s Strategic Planner Ms Sung Pak on (02) 9366 3617 for more information or assistance in completing the form.
- Local Heritage Fund Project Application Form
- Local Heritage Fund Guidelines