Family Day Care
Botany Bay Family Day Care service provides quality education and care for children aged 6 weeks to 12 years of age in a safe and regulated family home environment.
The Service complies with the National Quality Framework for Early Education and Care and is regulated by the NSW Department of Education and Communities.
Our service provides children and families with:
- small 1:4 child to educator ratio (which promotes strong bonds between a child, educator and family)
- flexible child care arrangements that meet family needs
- play environments that support children’s overall development including programmed indoor and outdoor experiences
- individualised educational programs based on children’s interest incorporating the National Curriculum Framework
- public liability insurance to meet safety and regulatory requirements
- educators who
- are skilled, experienced, highly trained and hold formal qualifications ranging from Certificate III to University degrees
- hold a current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates
- have Working with Children Checks, along with other household members
- are well resourced with access to an extensive toy library to provide children with a variety of simulating play experience
Botany Family Day Care educators are supported by a team of early childhood professionals who ensure the highest standards of care for children. Please contact them to
- discuss your childcare needs
- get information about child care
- receive help to find the right educator and environment for your child
- seek feedback on your child's progress through regular location visits
The Council facilitates regular play sessions for educators to attend with the children in their care. These play sessions give children an opportunity to socialise and interact with a larger group of children while participating in stimulating play activities. Transport to and from the Playgroup sessions is provided by Council.
Families using our services may be eligible for fee relief (Child Care Benefit and/or Child Care Rebate) through Childcare Assistance. For further information contact the Director of the Family Day Care Unit or the Family Assistance Office on 136 150.
Become a Family Day Care Educator
Do you want a rewarding home-based career?
Family Day Care educators are self-employed and provide home-based quality education and care to a small group of children.
It is a great opportunity to apply your early childhood knowledge and start your own small business working from home. Our educators operate highly successful small businesses, driven by the strong demand for childcare places, especially among children from birth to two year of age.
Family Day Care educators also enjoy the flexibility of choosing their own hours and days of work. Our educators and the children in their care enjoy group play sessions with other educators and children in Family Day Care, led by a trained facilitator.
Prospective educators must be actively working towards or have completed a Certificate III in Children’s Services.
We encourage prospective educators from the Botany Bay Local Government Area and the surrounding suburbs to apply. If you would like more information, please contact us.
Contact: Family Day Care Coordinator
Telephone: 02 9366 3576